What you should know:
1. When a snow emergency is in effect for the City of Royal Oak, all vehicles on residential streets are to be removed or will be ticketed and/or towed.
2. As a courtesy, the Royal Oak Police give residents a six-hour window after a snow emergency has been declared to move cars into driveways or elsewhere. For this emergency, police plan to begin ticketing at 7 p.m. tonight (Feb. 9) to give residents who are at work additional time to make arrangements to move vehicles off the street.
3. Once a snow emergency is called and plowing begins, it takes approximately 24 - 36 hours to plow all city streets. Crews expect to begin plowing residential streets after midnight.
4. For this snow emergency, crews will plow neighborhoods in the north first and then move south.
5. To track snow plows or for more information, go to https://www.romi.gov/317/Snow-Emergency-...
6. Drive carefully. Allow extra travel time.
7. Be a good neighbor and assist those who may have difficulty shoveling sidewalks!
Please check back for updates.