Valves (or Gates)

water cover

Low Or No Water Pressure

​If you experience low water pressure or no water it may be because a valve has been turned off or throttled down to make emergency repairs. Please call the Department of Public Service at 248) 246-3300
​ M - F 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. to see if there is work going on in your area.  Please contact the police non-emergency at any other time at 248) 246-3500.

What Are Valves?

​These are located throughout the city, usually located one or two blocks apart, and are used to isolate specific areas to shut the water off for repair or construction. Valves are subject to corrosion of bolts and packing and must be periodically dug up and repaired.  This falls under the prevue of the Water Maintenance Division.
gate valves