When is Refuse Collection Delayed?
When any of the following holidays occur on a weekday, collection for the remaining days of the week will be delayed one day.
Collection is not delayed when the holiday falls on a weekend and snow emergencies do not affect the collection schedule.
In the unlikely event that trash pickup is delayed for other reasons, the city will issue a public bulletin through various channels, including the Department of Public Services homepage.
2021 Refuse Collection Delay Schedule
- New Years Day – January 1, 2021 – Friday pickup delayed one day.
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 31, 2021 – all pickup delayed one day.
- Independence Day – Sunday, July 4, 2021 – holiday falls on weekend; no delays.
- Labor Day – Monday, September 6, 2021 – all pickup delayed one day.
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 25, 2021 – Thursday and Friday pickup delayed one day.
- Christmas Day – Saturday, December 25, 2021 – holiday falls on weekend; no delays.
For more information on trash pickup regulations, visit https://www.romi.gov/346/Refuse.
Want to know if and how an item can be recycled? Check out SOCRRA’s Waste Wizard web app.