The Dream Cruise is ready to roll from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 18.
Here’s a list of DOs and DONT's for the world’s largest celebration of classic car culture:
- DON’T use the median to watch the event. Medians must remain clear for law enforcement vehicles and ambulances.
- DON’T bring alcohol to the event. The alcohol-free policy is strictly enforced.
- DON’T block the sidewalk with your lawn chair or bike. Sidewalks must remain clear at all times.
- DON’T drive recklessly or carelessly or you WILL be ticketed. This is a family-friendly event.
- DO use caution to make it safe for all.
- DON’T block driveways if you park in the neighborhoods. Please be courteous.
- DO bring sunscreen and water if you plan to spend the day at the event.
- DO heed weather warnings! In 2011, a line of torrential rains barreled through Royal Oak leaving throngs of spectators seeking shelter.
If you plan on attending the Dream Cruise, please consider parking your car at Gunn Dyer Park. The Royal Oak Nature Society is managing the parking lot and will be getting a portion of the $10 entry fee. The park is located at the corner of Chester & Hampton in Royal Oak which is 1 block east of Woodward & just north of Memorial Park (Woodward & 13 Mile Rd).